Rehabilitation/Réadaptation Psychosociale Canada
2011 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Membertou Trade and Convention Centre
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
The planning committee invites you to submit a proposal for presentation at the national conference in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Recovery: Family, Culture and Community” scheduled for
September 26th-29th, 2011 at the Membertou Trade & Convention Centre.
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 1, 2011
Results Notification: March 1, 2011
The conference committee is seeking abstracts from individuals or agencies who can contribute knowledge, share expertise and creative avenues of “Enhancing Recovery: Family, Culture and Community”. Submissions from a variety of perspectives are encouraged as the conference organizers are committed to ensuring that the program reflects a range of themes and perspectives.
following prescribed streams for the conference and submissions related to
Family, Culture and Community
• PSR and Recovery competencies
• Innovative services and strategies
• Peer Support Practices
• Leadership / Management Best Practices
• Research and/or evaluation
• Individuals with lived experience and/or Programs
• Families with lived experience and/or Family Oriented Programs
PSR/RPS Canada is planning a limited number of 60 minute presentations for one time concurrent time slot and the remainder of the concurrent sessions will be 90 minute.
All presentations must be interactive.
They must include skill building and engagement activities for the participants. The interactive part of the abstract application must be provided for review by the abstract team. Question and Answer sessions must be built into the presentations.
All submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Clarity and coherence of submission
- Contribution to the knowledge and practice of
psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery
- Relevance and utility to participants
- Evidence that submission will encourage
interaction among conference participants
- Consistency with the values of psychosocial
ACCEPTANCE AS PRESENTER
- Presenters will be asked to submit an electronic version of their presentation which will be posted on the conference website
- Presenters are responsible for providing written material to conference participants
- Presenters will be provided with a designated time to present by the conference committee
- Presenters must register and pay for the
full 3 day conference. Honoraria and travel reimbursement is not available
- Bursaries may be available for presenter(s) with lived experience
Thank you! We look
forward to seeing you in Cape Breton in 2011!